Thursday, September 20, 2012

Circle Time Activities

I do Circle Time every morning with my little guy.  He's not quite three, so it's not a huge to-do, but we cover the calendar basics:  days of the week, months of the year, counting, and today's weather.  I have all of my months set up with a color and a theme.  They are as follows:

January:  White/Winter
February: Pink/Love
March: Green/St. Patricks Day
April: Gray/Easter
May: Yellow/Flowers
June: Purple/Summer
July: Rainbow (color review)/July 4th
August: Blue/Back to School
September: Orange/Fall
October: Black/Halloween
November: Brown/Thanksgiving
December: Red/Christmas

September Calendar Numbers
Anywhoo, let me get on to the good stuff - the felt!  I have a magnetic board that I use with little guy, but all of these would also work on a large felt board.  I have themed calendar names and numbers, then standard day of the week.  Little Guy loves checking the weather and sticking the felt on the board.  It's the little things  :)

What is the weather like today?

No comments:

Post a Comment